Efficient CFB Performance Across Fuels
We understand that performance is a critical factor in your choice of CFB technology — especially where fuel quality and power availability are an issue.
Our CFB reputation was founded on delivering efficient combustion across a wide range of fuel types — even the most demanding.
We provide unrivalled expertise in fuels with variable combustion properties, including those with low calorific values, high moisture, high ash content or lower ash melting temperatures.
We can help you achieve reliable and efficient power generation for challenging fuels such as:
- High moisture/low calorific lignite (right down to 1000 kcal/kg)
- High ash coals, including lignite and bituminous
- Low volatile coals, such as anthracite and petcoke
- High sulphur coals
- Co-firing biomass applications
Our bespoke systems have been painstakingly developed to overcome the inherent problems associated with lower quality fuels, where efficient temperature control is the pre-requisite for combustion.
Our unique, robust and reliable system of Fluidised Bed Heat Exchanger (FBHE) combined with the hot ash extraction system, called Spiess valve:
- Ensures safe temperature control for efficient combustion
- Ensures in-situ desulphurisation control
- Avoids blockage associated with low melting ashes
In addition, high efficiency cyclones support efficient burn out and heat transfer in the combustor to produce steam efficiently.
Cost Effective and Cleaner CFB Solutions
Deliver on your business and environmental objectives with our cost-effective CFB solutions, featuring best-in-class emissions control.
Compared to other processes like pulverised coal combustion, our CFB technology is inherently cost effective because :
- In most cases, external SOx/NOx emissions control is not required
- We focus on an economical, compact design
- We have standardised materials and a highly efficient supply chain
You leverage a cost-competitive solution while achieving the performance, reliability and efficiency you expect from one of the world’s foremost CFB technology providers.
We also assure environmental performance through our integrated emission control, which delivers :
- High- efficient sulphur dioxide (SO2) capture by adding limestone to the CFB process and
- An efficiently controlled combustion process suppressing formation of thermal NOx removes the need for separate external flue gas desulphurisation and DeNOx across a wide range of fuels while still complying with EU emission regulations
- A cleaner carbon footprint through biomass co-combustion or main combustion capabilities