Circoclean® Desulphurisation with Low Investment and Maintenance Costs
As reducing environmental impact becomes ever more important to your operation, simplifying and improving the effectiveness of Flue Gas Desulphurisation (FGD) technology becomes ever more important to ours.
This is why our Circoclean® FGD / FGC system is one of the most cost-effective ways to cut emissions of dust, SO2, SO3, HCI, HF, dioxins, furans, PCBs and heavy metals in coal and oil fired boilers, and in biomass, refuse-derived fuel and waste incineration plants.
Our Circoclean® FGD uses hydrated lime, achieving SO2 reduction efficiencies of up to 99%, from an operating temperature of around 70°C. This is made possible by intensive mass transfer and high velocity in the Circoclean® reactor’s circulating fluidised bed.
Hydrated lime can be generated from burnt lime on site in order to further decrease operating costs. Our compact design, with no rotating parts having high levels of wear, also lowers servicing and replacement costs.
A Simple Process with High Availability
Our dry FGD process is based on proven Circoclean® technology, and is a simple way to remove a range of air pollutants.
- 1. Flue gas flows through a fluidised bed reactor called Circoclean® reactor and enters a downstream particulate control device — either a fabric filter or electrostatic precipitator
- 2. The flue gas is treated with fresh additives upstream of the Circoclean® reactor
- 3. After precipitating in the filter, a large part of the solid material from the Circoclean® reactor is fed back to the fluidised bed as a recirculate
- 4. Water is injected to reach optimum process conditions in order to achieve high separation performance
The Key Benefits of Our Dry Circoclean® FGD
When you work with Doosan Lentjes, you benefit from:
- The reassurance of a proven technology with excellent references
- High desulphurisation efficiency and low emissions
- Almost complete removal of SO3, which avoids maintenance associated with sulphuric acid corrosion problems
- Comparatively low investment costs
- A wastewater-free operation that helps to achieve high cost-efficiency
- The flexibility to adapt your plant to stricter future emission limits
- A compact design that makes it easy to retrofit
- A simple range of aggregates for ease and availability
- Eliminating moisture trails by operating above the dew (condensation) point
- Low sorbent consumption due to product recirculation